Barefoot Interview #5: USA's Darrell

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, Darrell. He is (currently) a 48 year old manufacturing worker who is born in Cleveland, Georgia and resides in Flowery Branch, Georgia. Here is what Darrell had to say about what she likes about being barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot? 
I always went barefoot as a child. I love the way it feels, and the way bare feet look. I never lost the passion to remain barefoot, it is something I have always liked, and it makes me feel good, comfortable, and like a kid again.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot? 
Mostly for comfort; I hate wearing shoes. I also like feeling different surfaces under my feet, such as sand, grass, tile, and even mud.

Name some places you like going barefoot. 
Pretty much everywhere. I work around my house barefoot, mow my lawn, and cut trees barefoot. I always go shopping to Walmart barefoot and to fast food restaurants. I also visit my doctor, and dentist barefoot.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so? 
Work; bare feet are simply not allowed. If I could work barefoot, I probably would not own shoes.

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often besides at home and the beach? 
Mostly for comfort. Shoes are uncomfortable, and can even be dangerous. Also, the freedom from shoes is wonderful, not to mention seeing how dirty you can get your feet.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it. 
Pretty much any time I go out. But I can remember one Saturday back in the summer when I had lunch at Burger King while on my way to the lake. It was really hot out, and I went in wearing my swim trunks, a tank top and barefoot. When I walked in, there were 4 other people in there barefoot as well. Before I left, 2 other people came in barefoot, and at one time during my visit, every customer in the dining area was barefoot, 6 of us! I just don't see that very much anymore, but I do remember seeing as many as 8 - 10 people barefoot during one visit to Walmart back in the 90's.

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot? 
For liability; they are afraid we will sue them if we get hurt. Also, they may think the barefoot crowd may bring a "trashy" image to their store.

If possible, please share any of your barefooting experiences. 
There are several, but I'll pick one. Back in my college days, I always went to class barefoot. There were a few other of my classmates which did as well. One year, I went totally barefoot for nearly 9 months. I went barefoot everywhere, to class, stores, restaurants, and anywhere else I needed to go. I didn't get tossed from any place, since going barefoot was much more common then. My feet were even stained from going barefoot so much, I couldn't wash the stain off! But I was fine with that, I have always liked getting my feet dirty. After I started work, I have never been able to stay barefoot like that.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it? 
There are many people who are germaphobes. They simply can not fathom the thought of their feet touching the ground. Others think it is uncivilized, and some just hate feet.

Finish this analogy: Someone who does not want to go barefoot is like... 
Someone who is not open to new experiences. Life is too short to be spent in shoes!

What would you say to someone who thinking going barefoot is gross? 
I usually tell them it is safe and healthy. Although my feet are usually dirty, they are washed far more than most people's shoes. And if they still don't understand, I just tell them we have the freedom to choose, do what you feel is best, but, at least, give it a try, and accept that it is legal, and my choice.


Conclusion.
I do thank Darrell for taking his time answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2