Barefoot Interview #8: USA's John

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, John. John is (currently) a 50 year old IT (information technology) man who is mainly in computers, networks, servers, cabling and electronics; he is both born and resides in Boston, Massachusetts. Here is what John had to say about being barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot?  
Medical trouble (couldn't walk any more). I was basically crippled.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot?  
Freedom, no pain, mobility, ability to work again, ability to carry things again, ability to run. Before going barefoot I was months away from a wheelchair.

Name some places you like going barefoot.  
Favorite places to go barefoot are Boston, New York City, and the woods.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?  
I've pretty much gone everywhere barefoot.

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often besides at home and the beach? 
To save their feet and backs. Going barefoot is the healthiest way to live.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it.  
I would have to say that my first trip to New York City was one of the most fun times I've had. I was fairly new to barefooting and and had a great time exploring the city. Also, my first climb up a mountain was a lot of fun. But, I try to have fun all the time, no matter where I go.

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot? 
I wouldn't say they've banned going barefoot. Instead, I would say they have a dress code. The reason workers sometimes get so uptight may be due to fear of liability, misunderstanding feet, personal fears, or they think it's "just not right".

If possible, please share any of your barefooting experiences.  
I have posted many of my experiences in the SBL (Society for Barefoot Living) list. If you search for my email address or my signature, John (Boston), you should be able to find the posts. I tried to document my barefoot journey from the beginning to help new people. Yahoo is not fully reliable so you might have to search a few times.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it?  
Most people don't know about the health benefits.

Finish this analogy: Someone who does not want to go barefoot is like...  
This is like someone who doesn't want to try something for the first time because they think they won't like it. Once most people go fully barefoot they seem to like it.
 
What would you say to someone who thinking going barefoot is gross?  
The world is not gross. We are made to live and function here fully barefoot. It all washes off at the end of the day. "Gross" is only in a person's mind.


Conclusion.
I do thank John for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2