Barefoot Interview #10: Jamaica's Selena

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest and my 10th barefoot interviewee, Selena. Selena is (currently) a 15 year old Year 10 student and cheerleader who's both born and resides in St. Thomas, Jamaica. Here is what Selena had to say about being barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot? 
What inspires me to go barefoot is the comfort and good health, plus the sense of freedom that comes with barefooting!

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot?
1. It feels good.
2. There's freedom in knowing that I don't have to depend on material possessions.
3. It clears my mind.
4. It decreases anxiety and depression.

Name some places you like going barefoot.
The beach
The park
My school

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?
The mall
Hiking

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often besides at home and the beach?
I think people should go barefooting because it gives you comfort and good health.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it.
I decide to go barefooting on New Years. When the clock struck 12AM, I got together my shoes and socks and threw them on my bed. I went barefoot! It was the best thing I had ever felt! The floor was smooth and cool. Great pleasure was felt under my soles while I walked outside. The looks from other people was weird at first but then I got use to it.

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot?
I think it is a peculiarity of USA land, it doesn't happen in any other country.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it? 
Because they think others will judge/dislike them.

Finish this analogy: Someone who does not want to go barefoot is like...
Someone who wants to go out and play but is stuck inside doing homework.

What would you say to someone who thinks going barefoot is gross?
It's not that gross. Come to think of it, wearing shoes can be gross because you can get bacteria on your feet.


Conclusion.
I do thank Selena for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2