Barefoot Interview #14: Sri Lanka's Visuri

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, Visuri. She is (currently) a 15 year old student who was born in Kurunegala, Sri Lanka, resides in Balalla, China with a hometown of Maho. So, here is what Visuri had to say about going barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot? 
I can say Sri Lankan culture and tradition of Sinhalese inspired me a lot other than my attitudes.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot?
The main thing is I think those who like going barefoot are the real nature lovers that love and respect our mother Earth than the people who always wearing shoes. The other thing is I think it feels nice to feet and it enhance the health conditions of feet, legs, and muscles.

Name some places you like going barefoot.
My home garden and compound, paddy fields, on the beach, on water streams, and along the roads.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?
I like to go in barefoot to school and other places and in a bus.

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often besides at home and the beach?
Because it's quite a fun and a nice experience I think.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it.
Well, I think it'll nice to tell a moment where I went to a paddy field near my home because it's an experience mostly having only for Asians. One day, I went to the paddy field with my sis. It was the time period where the land is telling. The whole area was muddy and I wanted to go into the fields and play with my sis. We enjoyed a lot and the whole body was full of mud. That was the first time where I tread on mud in barefoot.

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot?
I don't know why people ban going barefoot in shops or malls because it depends on the attitudes of the people but it may because they think that it is a third class activity so that it'll harm their dignity in marketing or decrease the selling of their productions and also I didn't go anywhere outside of home (so far in distance) in barefoot so I didn't have a nice experience to tell.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it? 
I can't tell an exact answer for it too because it also depends on peoples' attitudes. Some people may think that the others will laugh at him/her when going in barefoot. So, they don't like it. It's true that going barefoot is healthy but the present society could create and draw down the feelings or the attitudes of people quite fashionable rather than the wealthiness in health.

What would you say to someone who thinks going barefoot is gross?
At the end, I can tell the people who ban and don't like to go barefoot is like toads in the well. They don't feel the enjoyment of walking in barefoot as most of them only follow the things or the established customs of the society whether they are true or false. We should have the logical thinking and a proper understanding of what should we do or we need to do without following someone's behaviors and patterns. That's how we can love and enjoy the beauty of our mother Earth in many ways.


Conclusion.
I do thank Visuri for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2