Barefoot Interview #32: Malaysia's Shira

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, Shira, who is friends with both barefoot interviewees, Jeria and Lea. She is (currently) a 17-year-old Form 5 student; she was born and resides in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, which is the capital of Malaysia’s Sabah state in northwestern Borneo. Here is what Shira had to say about being barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot?
I wouldn't say something inspired me to go barefoot. I did it (indoors most of the time) because everyone does it. The benefits of it did encourage me to go barefoot more though.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot?
I don't know, it just gives me a sense of satisfaction to have the earth beneath my bare feet. 

Name some places you like going barefoot.
The beach, home, and on dewy grass fields.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?
Playgrounds and flower gardens.

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often besides at home and the beach?
I think it would be fun and satisfying to feel the ground you're standing on beneath your bare feet. I've read that there's a lot of health benefits to it too. One that I like is that walking barefoot can strengthen your feet and make you less prone to injuries.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it.
Probably the time when I play tag with my friends on the school field while going barefoot. 

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot?
The store owners might think that people walking in barefoot can dirty their store or make other customers uncomfortable.

If possible, please share any of your barefooting experiences. 
If I have to think of one memorable experience I went barefoot on, our primary school's field would be the first place that comes to mind. I've gone barefoot on the school field so many times already - for sports activities, and to simply play with friends - that I find it to be really memorable because of the memories that come with it.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it?
They probably think that the dirt you get when you walk barefoot will affect your health and hygiene.

Finish this analogy: Someone who does not want to go barefoot is like...  
Someone who doesn't want to eat a banana because of the many brown spots on its peel.

What would you say to someone who thinking going barefoot is gross?
Try and walk barefoot on places that aren't dirty! I recommend grass fields, I'm sure it will make you feel refreshed. 


Conclusion.
I do thank Shira for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2