Barefoot Interview #1: Malaysia's Jeria

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, this first one comes from Jeria A.; she is (currently) a 17 year old Form 5 student who is both lives and resides in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. Jeria A. actually introduced this blog to her friends Shira and Lea. Here is what Jeria A. had to say about what she likes about being barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot? 
I can feel the environment fully and go barefoot will also remind you about people who can't buy shoes, understand how they feel.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot? 
Because it's comfortable for me and as an Asian, it's already adapted into my life for going barefoot at home.

Name some places you like going barefoot. 
Beach, home of course and fields.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?
Parks.

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often beside at home and the beach?
Because I think they should feel free and comfortable for themselves and enjoying the places they stand on.

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it. 
When I was primary school, I join sports competition in running then I was barefoot. I felt really comfortable running with barefoot seriously and my feet felt lighter with no shoes on and that's good too! And yeah I got second place (the one who got first place was barefoot too!)

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot? 
Because maybe they see that going barefoot makes their stores dirty and some people think that one going barefoot is homeless.

If possible, please share any of your barefooting experiences.
It was when I was in primary school too. I loved playing football with the boys in school. So I joined them,but I saw them barefooting while playing football so I asked them if it was good or comfortable playing football without any shoes on? So they said that its comfortable and easier to kick in the ball. So I tried joining them barefooting too. And that was when I started to like barefooting while on field.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it? 
Because maybe it's not delivered well to the public as a whole. Maybe some may know this but still want to deny and some don't even know this. Benefits of going barefoot is rarely shown on TV too.

Finish this analogy: Someone who does not want to go barefoot is like...
Someone who only wants to show off their shoes.

What would you say to someone who thinking going barefoot is gross? 
It's not gross at all. Wearing shoes often are gross too you still might get bacterias on your feet too when you wear shoes. Barefoot isn't all about dirty and gross; it's about the appreciation and feel the place and ground you stand on.


Conclusion.
I do thank Jeria for taking her time answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2