Barefoot Interview #29: USA's Sam

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talking to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, Sam from the USA. Here is what Sam had to say about being barefoot in the form of a letter.


Hi,
I'm Sam and I really enjoy going barefoot. Some of the places I normally go barefoot are at the beach, at my house (or any building I feel I can call home), countryside (or anyplace with a ton of lush grass), or just outside in the summer in general. I really enjoy going/being barefoot because my feet feel so free and aren't confined to the limited spaces in prisons...I mean shoes. hehe Plus, I don't have to worry about my shoes falling off. For me, going barefoot doesn't make my feet "stronger" (personally), but it does toughen up the bottoms of my feet by walking on different terrains barefoot rather than in shoes. Also, stepping on Legos KILLS! Walking on any type of pebble-like terrain isn't really fun for me either..and on a hot parking lot? Ouch.

Well, during the winter (when I don't go barefoot a lot) my feet are wicked ticklish. However, during the summer (after my feet have toughen up from going barefoot) my feet aren't that ticklish. Why is that the case? I really do not know; I normally was told my feet's ticklishness would not change no matter how much I go barefoot. Apparently, my favorite place to be barefoot is definitely the beach! One of the main reasons is feeling the sand between your toes. ^_^ It's like nature's own spa treatment for my feet and same when I am walking barefoot in the lush grass...but with less bugs.

In the city, I am more ok with it. In the countryside, I am somewhat less find with it and not sure why. Um, I think my mom came up to me recently and said "Why don't you have shoes or slippers on? Aren't your feet cold?" and this was inside our house (with a very cold floor). I'm not sure I would call going barefoot to be classified as "a helpful tool for life", but it sure spices things up a little bit. ^_^ I once heard going barefoot can start pleasant conversations and sometimes even a form of flirting. What else can I say? Well, going barefoot is good for swimming. ^_^ Haha, but I think it also makes it easier to walk, because then you can use your sense of "feel" better. So, it's kind of like going from a 2D movie of life to 3D. :) if that makes sense to you at all. Normally, I paint my toenails during the summer since I let my feet be free a lot. I have this nail polish that's clear and shiny, then turns pink in the sunlight that I use to make my toes look very classy when I am barefoot and out in the open. So, to sum up everything I said, footwear betrayed me and people should stop buying. :P So, I hope people read this and have a better understanding coming from a teenager like myself.


Conclusion.
I do thank by Sam for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2