Barefoot Interview #35: Malaysia's Jaynessa

There are many different people from all over the world who like going barefoot. Some people like doing it as a hobby. On the other hand, other people who go barefoot as a tradition or as a part of their culture. Apparently, there are many who like going barefoot are unable to share their stories. So, this will be a long interviewing series and talk to people who are from all over and let them speak about their barefooting. So, welcome the newest barefoot interviewee, Jaynessa. She is (currently) an 19-year-old student who is currently waiting for offers from universities; she was both born and resides in Tambunan, Sabah, Malaysia. Here is what Jaynessa had to say about being barefoot.


What inspired you to go barefoot?
I'm always barefoot indoors. It's normal here. What inspired me to be barefoot outdoors, is the curiosity of how the ground feels beneath my feet.

What are some of the reasons you like going barefoot?
Although people kept saying that shoes protects your feet and all, I felt uncomfortable and confined. Besides, I got a few bad experiences with shoes, like getting stuck in the mud, and it's hard to get my foot off the mud unless if I take off my shoes. So I stick with being barefoot, because  it gives me freedom, hehe. Your feet needs air too, you know.

Name some places you like going barefoot.
The paddy fields, puddles, mud and the grass fields.

Where would you like to try and go barefoot that you haven't done so?
The beach, because I've never been there before (my hometown is far from the ocean).

Why do you think people should go barefoot more often besides at home and the beach?
I remembered my teacher said that going barefoot gives free reflexology, so it's good for your feet!

Give us a story of a time you went barefoot and had a lot of fun doing it.
I remember running around my house barefooted with my friends when it was raining heavily. Yeah, I slipped and fall a few times, but it was fun!

Why do you think some stores have banned going barefoot?
Maybe it's to avoid getting blood all over the floor by injured people. Other than that, they probably just found it strange for people to walk around barefooted.

If possible, please share any of your barefooting experiences.
Umm...I can't really say, since I'm almost always barefooted.

Since going barefoot is healthy, why do you think people deny it?
Because everyone thinks that being barefoot attracts a lot of germs and worms, which causes health problems.

Finish this analogy: Someone who does not want to go barefoot is like...  
Someone who'd rather live in a jail cell.

What would you say to someone who thinking going barefoot is gross?
It might seemed gross at first, but once you try it, you'll be surprised with the results. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I am.


Conclusion.
I do thank Jaynessa for taking the time and answering these questions and as well as supporting that going barefoot is actually a good and healthy thing. Tune in next time when someone else in another country talks about their likes on barefooting. Remember, speak your mind and comment down below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barefoot Interview #36: Australia's Steve

Barefoot Interview #25: USA's James #2